I love muffins! I’ve been making them for years and am always adapting and tweaking my recipes – the variations are endless. They are super easy to make, you can pack them with fruit and feel great about serving them for breakfast or snacks at any time. Lately, I start with a basic banana bread recipe and have adapted it to add even more fruit, or sometimes chocolate chips, depending on what I have on hand. You can go even further and add a lemon icing – delish! I’ll share my basic banana blueberry muffin recipe here. Enjoy!
Sometimes I use paper mini loaf pans instead of muffin tins!
Banana Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Muffin/Cupcake paper liners
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 – ½ cups blueberries
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated sugar, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with paper liners
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a standing mixer until well blended. Add the bananas and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer.
- Place 3-4 blueberries in the bottom of each paper liner. Add most of the rest of the blueberries to the batter, mixing with a wooden spoon. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups and place remaining blueberries on top. Sprinkle with a spoonful of granulated sugar on top if desired.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, watching closely towards the end. Make sure a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
For variations, add chocolate chips instead of blueberries or add a mix of fruit – raspberries, cherries, blackberries.
Banana Blueberry Muffins with Blackberries
Carrie Allen created this site as a way for people to share stories about things they love. She loves chasing quiet, authentic moments and sharing them with her family and friends. Read more about her inspiration here.